Where Are They Now - Brianna Stricklen Veterinary Technician
It takes a special love for animals of all kinds to work in the Veterinary field. As recent Stautzenberger College graduate, Brianna Stricklen, knows, it is a passion fueled career.
“Just making the decision to enroll in the program at Stautzenberger was big for me,” says Brianna. “Veterinary medicine has always been my dream, so I made the jump and decided to follow my heart. It was the best choice I have ever made for myself.”
Helping animals in their critical hour of need is at the core of what a Veterinary Technician does. This hands-on profession, sometimes referred to as simply a Vet Tech or Veterinary Assistant, involves:
- Providing critical support services for Veterinarians and animal hospital staff.
- Participating in lab tests and sampling and ensuring equipment is ready for administering services.
- Taking X-rays and performing physical exams prior to veterinary procedures.
- Supervising and training personnel in the essentials of animal care.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to pet owners.
Where is she now?
Brianna is a Veterinary Assistant at Dundee Veterinary Clinic in Dundee, Michigan.
“I really enjoy everything about my career. Although some days are tough, I would not change a single thing about the career path I chose and the work I am doing today.”
#college #vettech #vettechstudent #vettechschool #sctoday