Healthcare Administration Associate Degree Program
Upon completion of a diploma program, students are eligible to enroll in an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program. Diploma programs are designed to help students begin work in their chosen field. Our AAS programs go beyond by allowing students to develop general education skill sets (in areas such as English, History and Math) and complete an advanced level of course work in their chosen field. As long as they have completed a diploma program or a specific number of credit hours from a related concentration, students may begin an AAS program anytime, even at night while they work. All of our AAS completion programs are 100% online.
What Is Healthcare Administration AAS?
- General patient care through improved efficiency and quality of care.
- Working as part of a team to establish and exceed institutional goals.
- Managing patient data and working with insurance providers.
- Maintaining compliance with healthcare laws and regulations.
- Helping patients improve healthcare outcomes and improve lives.
This program is designed for individuals who have already completed some coursework in a Healthcare concentration or are graduates of related programs.
What Career Options Are Available in Healthcare Administration AAS?
- Accounts Payable
- Billing Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Services Coordinator
- And much more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 19% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Healthcare Administration AAS Program
Advanced study of healthcare management and best practices.
Examination of diversity issues facing today’s healthcare professional.
Coursework on digital communication strategies, including social media.
Oral, written communications and ethics courses.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
;">Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 7 months
Find Out More
100% of the program is online
1>https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 4/8/21.
This program includes courses in healthcare management, best practices and diversity issues facing today’s healthcare professional. A course in digital communication strategies provides students with an opportunity to explore current social media and its use in a professional setting. General courses in oral and written communication and ethics are also included to help round out your professional abilities – the skills employers want.
Healthcare is experiencing exceptional growth and graduates of this program could be well prepared to take advantage of a variety of entry-level medical job opportunities, such as medical office administrative assistant or medical secretary.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job titles in Ohio such as Medical Assistants are expected to increase more than 20% between 2016 and 2026.1
1onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9092.00, retrieved 4/14/2020