Diagnostic Medical Sonography Associate Degree Program
What is Sonography?
- Using ultrasound waves to create a picture of the body.
- Using highly advanced technology and staying on top of the latest trends.
- Evaluating the size, shape and density of tissue to diagnose medical conditions.
- Monitor fetal growth during pregnancy.
What Career Options Are Available in Sonography?
- Physician Offices
- Medical Clinics
- And much more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 17% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Sonography ASS Program
- Perform general sonography on the abdomen, superficial structures and segments of the vascular system.
- Conduct diagnostic sonographic examination of pregnant and non-pregnant pelvis, fetal structures and fetal measurements.
- General education course work to meet the requirements of an associate degree.
This program is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Upon successful completion of the program you could acquire the RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) credential in Abdomen and Obstetrics by passing the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) exam, or the RT (S) (Registered Technologist—Sonography) in Abdomen and Obstetrics by passing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) exam. These credentials could open additional doors to employment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program Length – 19 Months
On-Campus - Brecksville Campus Only
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/29-2032.00, retrieved 5/3/2021
Diagnostic Medical Sonography -- Class of 2020