Diploma Program - Maumee Only
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
The program provides training in the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems with a strong focus on industry safety practices. Standard rules and regulations will also be explored. In addition to attendance in all courses, students will be required to complete out-of-class assignments.
- Basic industry safety practices, including working with electricity, refrigeration, and other HVAC systems.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to complete basic HVAC practices needed for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems maintenance and repair.
- Identify and use EPA guidelines, Clean Air Act rules and regulations, manufacturer recommendations, and good trade practices.
- Service and maintain residential and light commercial HVAC and refrigeration systems using standard industry practices.
- Delivery Method: Campus
- Program Length: 10 months
- Credits: 64
- Corporate Buildings
- Residential Apartments and Single-Family Homes
- Government and Utility Properties
- Retail and Commercial Sites
What You Will Learn
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot HVAC/R equipment and systems.
- Complete required safety courses, necessary within the skilled trade for employment.
- Be introduced to various systems and brands common to the industry.
- Learn common terminology and procedures related to the HVAC/R field.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Ohio for HVAC/R Mechanics and Installers is expected to increase by 13% between 2018 and 2028.1
The Stautzenberger College Difference
Stautzenberger College is a career-focused college that provides students with hands-on training and real-world experience in their chosen fields. Stautzenberger College stands out for its commitment to providing students with practical education that prepares them for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Stautzenberger College offers a wide variety of programs in healthcare, business, technology, and skilled trades. These programs are designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: With small class sizes, students get personalized attention from instructors, which helps them better understand the material and apply it to real-world situations.
- Multiple Schedule Options: Offering on-campus, hybrid and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Experienced Faculty: Stautzenberger College instructors are experienced professionals in their respective fields, providing students with real-world insights and connections.
- Hands-on Training: Stautzenberger College provides hands-on training in labs and clinical settings, allowing students to apply what they learn in the classroom to real-world situations.
- Career Services: Stautzenberger College has a dedicated career services team that provides students with job placement assistance, resume writing help, and interview preparation.
- Accreditation: Stautzenberger College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), ensuring that its programs meet high standards of quality and that its graduates are well-prepared for their careers.
Why Choose Stautzenberger
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance
"I always loved working with my hands. I know maintaining heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems is a vital, in-demand service. That's why I enrolled in Stautzenberger. I already had a position lined up when I graduated."
2021 Graduate, HVAC/R
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-9021.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved on 1/5/2022.