Diploma Program - 100% Online
Office Addiction Counseling & Social Advocacy
The objectives of the Office Addiction Counseling and Social Advocacy program are to provide students with an academic foundation for a career in addiction counseling services. The skills learned can be applied in many settings including residential and outpatient counseling programs, employee wellness programs, and hospital detox facilities. The overall objective of this academic program of study is to provide the student with both the academic and practical skills required for employment in a variety of settings in the addiction counseling field.
- Learn and apply theories of addiction, substance assessment, and counseling techniques.
- Apply ethics and boundary considerations and practice an understanding of diversity and tolerance for others.
Practice an understanding of diversity and tolerance for others. Apply ethics and boundary considerations
when working and interacting with people in addiction counseling.
- Gain counseling skills including motivational interviewing.
Understand the neurobiology of addiction, family addiction dynamics, and special population considerations
in addiction counseling.
- Demonstrate knowledge of group process, case management, crisis intervention, trauma and recovery, and vocational rehabilitation.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors is projected to grow 18% in Ohio from 2018 to 2028.1
- Delivery Method: Online
- Program Length: 9 months
- Credits: 57
- Addiction Centers
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Outpatient Recovery
- At Home Care
After you complete the Addiction Counseling Technician Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 5-month Addiction Counseling Technician Associate Degree completion program. That's only 14 months total to get an associate degree.
The Stautzenberger College Difference
Stautzenberger College is a career-focused college that provides students with hands-on training and real-world experience in their chosen fields. Stautzenberger College stands out for its commitment to providing students with practical education that prepares them for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Stautzenberger College offers a wide variety of programs in healthcare, business, technology, and skilled trades. These programs are designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: With small class sizes, students get personalized attention from instructors, which helps them better understand the material and apply it to real-world situations.
- Multiple Schedule Options: Offering on-campus, hybrid and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Experienced Faculty: Stautzenberger College instructors are experienced professionals in their respective fields, providing students with real-world insights and connections.
- Hands-on Training: Stautzenberger College provides hands-on training in labs and clinical settings, allowing students to apply what they learn in the classroom to real-world situations.
- Career Services: Stautzenberger College has a dedicated career services team that provides students with job placement assistance, resume writing help, and interview preparation.
:Stautzenberger College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), ensuring that its programs meet high standards of quality and that its graduates are well-prepared for their careers.
Why Choose Stautzenberger
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance
"I've always wanted a career that gives back to my community. I was inspired to work hard and get a counseling diploma from Stautzenberger College. I am now invested in helping teenagers due to the rate of teen overdoses."
2022, Office Addiction Counseling & Social Advocacy
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/21-1011.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved on 1/10/2022.