Diploma Program - 100% Online
Veterinary Assistant & Grooming
The Diploma in Veterinary Assistant and Grooming program provides the technical skills and professional supporting skills required to seek entry-level positions as Veterinary Assistants. As a Veterinary Assistant, you are on one of the fastest paths to enter Veterinary services. Veterinary Assistants have employment opportunities in many settings and are critically important to the expanding industry of animal care.
- Professionalism, communication, and collaboration skills in the professional veterinary setting.
- The legal and ethical standards, guidelines, and regulations pertinent to the veterinary assistant field.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology in small animals as it relates to a veterinary assistant profession.
- An understanding of how to perform small animal restraint during an examination.
- Evaluate and utilize the information received from an animal’s health history form.
- Perform universal precautions during the course of different veterinary assistant tasks.
With advanced training in veterinary services and grooming, you can enter a fast growing career. According to the American Pet Products Association, pet owners are expected to spend over $143 billion on their pets this year.1
- Delivery Method: Online
- Program Length: 12 months
- Credits: 53
- Private Veterinary Practices
- Dog Grooming Facilities
- Animal Shelters and Care Providers
- Animal Husbandry for Farms
What You Will Learn
- Learn critical knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology in small animals as it relates to a veterinary assistant profession.
- Identify and describe the legal and ethical standards, guidelines, and regulations pertinent to the veterinary assistant field.
- Provide advanced lessons in professionalism, communication, and collaboration skills in a veterinary setting.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Animal Caretakers is projected to grow 29% in Ohio from 2020 to 2030.2
The Stautzenberger College Difference
Stautzenberger College is a career-focused college that provides students with hands-on training and real-world experience in their chosen fields. Stautzenberger College stands out for its commitment to providing students with practical education that prepares them for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Stautzenberger College offers a wide variety of programs in healthcare, business, technology, and skilled trades. These programs are designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: With small class sizes, students get personalized attention from instructors, which helps them better understand the material and apply it to real-world situations.
- Multiple Schedule Options: Offering on-campus, hybrid and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Experienced Faculty: Stautzenberger College instructors are experienced professionals in their respective fields, providing students with real-world insights and connections.
- Hands-on Training: Stautzenberger College provides hands-on training in labs and clinical settings, allowing students to apply what they learn in the classroom to real-world situations.
- Career Services: Stautzenberger College has a dedicated career services team that provides students with job placement assistance, resume writing help, and interview preparation.
- Accreditation: Stautzenberger College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), ensuring that its programs meet high standards of quality and that its graduates are well-prepared for their careers.
Why Choose Stautzenberger
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance
"[My instructor] inspired me a lot while I was going through the vet tech program here. Her passion for animals and teaching made me want to show up to class and learn about things that I am also very passionate about as well."
2018 Graduate, Veterinary Technician
2 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/39-2021.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved on 4/10/2023.