Veterinary Assistant and Grooming Diploma Program
100% of the program is online - At Stautzenberger College, learning online doesn’t mean learning alone. Read how we support our students.
What Is Veterinary Assistant & Grooming?
- Caring and nurturing for animals and tending to their daily needs.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for animals.
- Understanding the common language of Veterinary professionals.
- Handling and restraining animals in an ethical manner.
- Providing proper animal nutrition.
A Veterinary Assistant career is one of the fastest paths to enter Veterinary services. Veterinary Assistants enjoy a diverse work environment and are critically important to the expanding industry of animal care.
According to the American Pet Products Association, pet owners are expected to spend over $75 billion on their pets this year.1
What Career Options Are Available in Veterinary Assistant & Grooming?
- Private Veterinary Practices
- Dog Grooming Facilities
- Animal Shelters and Care Providers
- Animal Husbandry for Farms
- And much more
Most Importantly, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Ohio for animal care workers is expected to increase by eighteen percent between 2016 and 2026.2
What You Will Learn in a Veterinary Assistant & Grooming Program
- Provide advanced lessons in professionalism, communication, and collaboration skills in a veterinary setting.
- Identify and describe the legal and ethical standards, guidelines, and regulations pertinent to the veterinary assistant field.
- Learn critical knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology in small animals as it relates to a veterinary assistant profession.
- Explain and perform appropriate administrative tasks effectively.
- In addition to attendance in all courses, students will be required to complete out-of-class assignments. These assignments include reading, exercises and problem solving, projects, and presentations. A student can anticipate out-of-class activities that equal to about two (2) hours for every one (1) hour of lecture.
Students who wish to continue their education, may choose to get their Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in just an additional 7 months.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program Length – 12 Months
100% of the program is online
Find Out More
2https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9096.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 2/19/21