Human Resource Administration Diploma Program
100% of the program is online
What Is Human Resource Administration?
If you are a “people person” and enjoy working with others, then Human Resource Administration, or as often referred HR Administration, may be the perfect field to advance your career. Human Resources is one of the primary divisions in corporate and business settings and typically involves duties such as:
- Researching industry and state employment trends to locate potential talent.
- Working as part of a team to ensure open positions are filled with qualified candidates.
- Introducing new employees to your business and communicating specific steps in the application and employment process.
Some job functions may also include project management, problem-solving, presentations, reporting and assisting with employee surveys and communications.
Human Resource Administration is a great field that offers numerous avenues to grow your career. Plus, as a Human Resource professional you will be a deciding factor in helping others find a great career for themselves.
What Career Options Are Available in Human Resource Administration?
Human Resources is an expansive and crucial aspect of almost every medium and large-scale business. Human Resource professionals may be found in many settings and may be highly specialized or more broadly focused. Human Resources is a necessary part of places like:
- Businesses & Corporations
- Large Churches
- Educational Institutions
- And much more
According to the Bureaof Labor Statistics, employment of Human Resource Specialist is projected to grow 7% in the US from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Human Resource Administration Program
There are many ways to enter the Human Resource field, but like many positions, these roles are highly competitive. One of the best ways to stand out from the crowd is to distinguish yourself through your credentials. At Stautzenberger College, our Human Resource Administration diploma can be completed in just 10 months and has been carefully designed to:
- Prepare you through course work to demonstrate the skills employers are looking for in this field.
- Introduce topics such as Human Resource Management, the Staffing and Hiring Process, Change Management and Employee Benefit Design.
- Gain knowledge of employment law as it relates to the workplace.
- Understand diversity and its importance in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the program, you have the ability to sit for the Professional in Human Resources (aPHR ®) certification exam to become an even more valuable prospective employee.
Why Choose Our College?
For over 90 years, Stautzenberger College has made a lasting impact on the students and community we serve by:
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a lifetime career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program Length – 10 Months
Find Out More
100% of the program is online
After you complete the Human Resource Administration Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Business Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree.
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/13-1071.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 3/29/21.
Students will be given an opportunity to learn about human resource administration, human resource laws, compensating employees, training and developing employees, designing and planning employee benefits, managing diversity, and risk administration. This program prepares students for the Professional in Human Resources (aPHR ®) certification.
In addition to attendance in all courses, students will be required to complete out-of-class assignments. These assignments include but are not limited to reading, exercises and problem solving, projects, research, papers, and presentations. A student can anticipate out-of-class activities that equal to about two (2) hours for every one (1) hour of lecture. Upon successful completion of the program (see graduation requirements section of the catalog), students could seek or obtain entry-level employment in a Human Resources and/or Human Resources-related field(s).
Human resources professionals plan, direct, and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization. They oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with top executives on strategic planning; and serve as a link between an organization’s management and its employees.
Human Resources Specialists in Ohio expected to increase by six percent between 2016 and 2026.1 As new companies form and organizations expand their operations, they will need human resources professionals to oversee and administer their programs and to ensure that firms adhere to changing and complex employment laws. Strong competition can be expected for most positions.*
1 onetonline.org/link/summary/13-1071.00, retrieved 2/25/2020