Paralegal Diploma Program
100% of the program is online - At Stautzenberger College, learning online doesn’t mean learning alone. Read how we support our students.
What is a Paralegal?
- Providing tactical support to attorneys
- Researching legal precedent
- Preparing legal documents for court filings
- Organizing and Coordinating law office activities
- In some cases, investigative work.
What Career Options are Available as a Paralegal?
- Defense Law Firms
- Corporate Law Firms
- International Law Firms
- Government Agencies
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- And Much More
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Paralegals is projected to grow 11% in the US from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Paralegal Program
- Law office terminology and typical procedural edict.
- Legal research and writing techniques.
- Civil litigation, torts, probate, criminal and family law basics.
- Mock depositions to sharpen skills and become familiar with the courtroom environment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 10 months
100% of the program is online
After you complete the Paralegal Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Paralegal Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree.
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/23-2011.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 4/1/21.
Curriculum focuses on law office proceedings, as well as professional and ethical responsibilities. Students complete courses in computer software, office procedures, law office technology, legal terminology, legal research and writing, civil litigation, torts, probate, criminal and family law. Students also take classes in oral communication, written communication and social sciences to develop their interpersonal skills, customer focus and writing skills. Students participate in a mock deposition to utilize and sharpen their skills in a setting similar to what they might experience as legal professionals.
Also known as legal assistants, paralegals perform a variety of tasks to support lawyers, including maintaining and organizing files, conducting legal research and drafting documents. The largest employers of legal assistants are law firms, but paralegals also work for in-house legal departments in the finance, insurance, consulting and healthcare sectors.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs for Paralegals in the United States is expected to increase by 12% between 2018 and 2028.1
1onetonline.org/link/summary/23-2011.00, retrieved 4/9/2020