Central Sterile Processing Technology Diploma Program
Evening Program Available - Keep your current job and study at night to become a central sterile processor.
What Is Central Sterile Processing?
Central Sterile Processing is a critical process to any healthcare institution and a great career for those with a passion for this industry. Central Sterile Processing Technology is best described as the step-by-step practice of decontaminating medical devices, tools and instruments used in a healthcare setting.
- Learning and following guidelines set forth by the Sterile Processing Department (SPD)
- Manual cleaning of equipment prior to surgery
- Use of ultrasonic cleansing tools
- Disinfecting, decontaminating and finally prepping and packing equipment for surgical use.
What Career Options Are Available as a Central Sterile Processing Technology?
- Surgery Centers
- Dialysis Facilities
- Outpatient Care Centers
- Dental Offices
- And other such environments
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Ohio for Medical Equipment Preparers is expected to increase by 5% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Central Sterile Processing Program
- Learn the three main phases of sterile processing: decontamination, preparation and packing, and sterilization.
- Gain knowledge of anatomy and physiology that can be leveraged for greater career growth.
- Our program prepares you to take the CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) exam.
- Our program prepares you to take the IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management) exam.
Please note: A certification exam is taken by our students after they graduate from the program. No program, including ours, can guarantee any type of certification upon completion an externship or training program.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 10 months
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
Meet Our Instructor:
After you complete the Central Sterile Processing Technology Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9093.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 4/8/21.
Students could learn to operate sterilizing units and monitor effectiveness of the sterilization process. Classes include anatomy, physiology, microbiology, surgical instrumentation, medical terminology, and inventory management.
Central sterile processing technicians disinfect, prepare, process, store, and issue both sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment for patient care in healthcare settings.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Ohio for Medical Equipment Preparers is expected to increase by 9% between 2016 and 2026.1
1onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9093.00, retrieved 4/14/2020