This program is no longer accepting new students and/or re-entering students into the program
Diploma Program - Hybrid (Online & On-Campus) Maumee Only
Central Sterile Processing
The Central Sterile Processing Technology curriculum is designed to prepare individuals to function competently in the central service department of a healthcare facility. Students will develop skills necessary to properly disinfect, prepare process, store, and issue both sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment for patient care. Also, students will learn to operate sterilizing units and monitor effectiveness of the sterilization process.
- Decontaminate, inspect, assemble, process, and sterilize surgical instruments and trays.
- Inspect, maintain, deliver and retrieve equipment and instruments for the surgery suite, Emergency room, intensive care units, and other departments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical and surgical instrumentation, supplies, and equipment in various specialties.
- Delivery Method: Hybrid
- Program Length: 9 months
- Credits: 60
- Surgery Centers
- Dialysis Facilities
- Outpatient Care Centers
What You Will Learn
- Learn the three main phases of sterile processing: decontamination, preparation and packing, and sterilization.
- Gain knowledge of anatomy and physiology that can be leveraged for greater career growth.
- Our program prepares you to take the CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) exam.
- Our program prepares you to take the IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management) exam.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Ohio for Medical Equipment Preparers is expected to increase by 5% between 2018 and 2028.1
The Stautzenberger College Difference
Stautzenberger College is a career-focused college that provides students with hands-on training and real-world experience in their chosen fields. Stautzenberger College stands out for its commitment to providing students with practical education that prepares them for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Stautzenberger College offers a wide variety of programs in healthcare, business, technology, and skilled trades. These programs are designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: With small class sizes, students get personalized attention from instructors, which helps them better understand the material and apply it to real-world situations.
- Multiple Schedule Options: Offering on-campus, hybrid and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Experienced Faculty: Stautzenberger College instructors are experienced professionals in their respective fields, providing students with real-world insights and connections.
- Hands-on Training: Stautzenberger College provides hands-on training in labs and clinical settings, allowing students to apply what they learn in the classroom to real-world situations.
- Career Services: Stautzenberger College has a dedicated career services team that provides students with job placement assistance, resume writing help, and interview preparation.
- Accreditation: Stautzenberger College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), ensuring that its programs meet high standards of quality and that its graduates are well-prepared for their careers.
Why Choose Stautzenberger
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance
"I didn’t rush into a career choice; I took my time and evaluated my choices to make sure I was picking the right career for me. I am so appreciative of all of Stautzenberger's helpful instructors."
2021 Graduate, Medical Office Billing and Coding
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9093.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved on 1/5/2022.