Patient Care Technician Diploma Program
What Is a Patient Care Technician?
- Providing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of a certified nurse.
- Obtaining and documenting patient vital signs, performing phlebotomy or charting electrocardiograms (ECGs).
- Overseeing patients compete rehabilitation activities.
- Setup the healthcare environment for new patient deliveries.
- Help patients improve healthcare outcomes and improve lives.
What Career Options Are Available as a Patient Care Technician?
- Physician Offices
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Hospice Care
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
- And many more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Phlebotomistsis expected to increase by 15% between 2018 and 2028.1
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 18% between 2018 and 2028.2
What You Will Learn in a Patient Care Technician Program
- General Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Heathcare
- Healthcare Settings for Nursing Assistants
- Nursing Assistant Skills and Patient Care
- Nursing Assistant Administration
- Emergency Room Technician
- Medical Ethics and Documentation
- Principles and Practices of Hemodialysis
- Dialysis Technology and Devices
- Patient Care: Treatment and Care of Kidney Failure
- Patient Care Technician Clinical Externship
- Student Success Strategies
- Professional Success Strategies
Upon successful completion of our Patient Care Technician Diploma Program, you have the ability to sit for the Patient Care Technician exam by the National Healthcare Association.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program Length - 11 months
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
After you complete the Patient Care Technician Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 18 months total to get an associate degree.
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9097.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 1/5/2022.
2 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 1/5/2022.