Medical Laboratory Technician Associate Degree Program
We are no longer enrolling in this program.
What is a Medical Lab Technician AAS?
- Receiving, processing and safely storing laboratory samples.
- Perform lab tests and recording test results on samples.
- Staying current on scientific advances in the field.
- Maintaining equipment to produce consistent and quality results.
What Career Options Are Available as a Medical Lab Technician?
- Health Centers
- Animal Health and Veterinary Services
- Physician Groups
- University Health Systems
- And much more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians is projected to grow 7% in the US from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Medical Lab Technician Program
- Provide a background in chemistry, hematology, phlebotomy, immunology, parasitology and microbiology.
- Introduce students to the work environment through an externship in healthcare.
- Prepare students to sit for the American Medical Technologists (AMT) Certification Credentialing Exam for Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT).
- Learn general education courses necessary to meet the requirements of an associate degree program.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 18 months
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2012.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 4/23/21.