Healthcare Science Associate Degree Program
100% of the program is online
What Is Healthcare Science?
- Introducing students to core healthcare curriculum and providing an interdisciplinary approach to overview the healthcare profession.
- Helping prospective professions hone their care-giving skill set.
- Giving foundational knowledge of healthcare administration, informatics and other specialties in a clinical and hospital career.
- Teaching the common language of healthcare professionals.
- Applying these fundamental courses and lessons to better position candidates for a career in a healthcare setting.
Healthcare is a fast-paced, exciting field. An Associate of Applied Science in Healthcare Sciences helps you navigate this environment, provides foundational course work and allows for structured insights into this profession.
What Career Options Are Available in Healthcare Sciences?
- Home Health Aide
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Health Information Technician
- Medical Coder
- And much more
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Medical Assistants is projected to grow 18% in Ohio from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Health Sciences AAS Program
- Overview the Healthcare Systems in the US and cover best practices used by healthcare professionals and in a healthcare setting.
- Review and practice management techniques and strategies for healthcare professionals.
- Explore current issues and challenges of diversity in a healthcare professional setting.
Accurately articulate the legal and ethical standards as well as procedures and regulations appropriate to the healthcare field.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 13 months - 100% Online
Brecksville - ONLINE
Maumee - ONLINE